Re: [FWDLK] 6 Cyl headbolts

Surface area maybe, but I'm not sure about heat and vibration. I've used the
stuff to clutch cover of motorcycles together, 2 and 4 stroke. Can't get much
mor evibration that one of those.

Nick
> JB Weld might not hold well enough(limited surface area and heat/
> vibration), better to braze or silver-solder a tall nut or a piece of
> drilled & tapped cold-rolled round stock to the top of your head bolt. If
> properly done, there won't be enough heat involved to adversely affect the
> strength of the head bolt.
> Mike
>
> At 06:16 PM 2/2/2004 +0000, Nick Sperduto wrote:
> >Anyone know where I can get head bolts for my flat head 6. I'm looking for
> >the ones that have the tapped heads (they hold the throttle linkage on)
> >I tried Vintage Power Wagons and he was no luck.
> >
> >If I can't find them, I was going to try and jbweld some nuts to the top of
> >the regular headbolts.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Nick

Visit the ALL-NEW ForwardLook.net!
New Discussion Forums, Expanded Content and much, much more
http://www.forwardlook.net/