Re: [FWDLK] dual m/c on 58 DeSoto

I've received several inquiries off the list about some of the details in
this conversion, but I have a couple of things to add on-list.  I stopped
getting caught up in the discussions about whether it was necessary which
also go along with this thread on other lists for older Mopars, it is
similar to the discussions about whether it is necessary to convert to
discs.  My own feeling is that since the modern safety feature is now
available (when it wasn't in 1958 at least on Mopars), and it is so cheap
and easy to add it, why not, but I would agree that it isn't actually
necessary.  As far as disc brakes, for my A bodies its a no-brainer, both 9"
and 10" original A body drum setups are ridiculously weak in my expierience,
but a 11X2.5 or 11X3 system like our C and D bodies have are pretty dang
good.  I'm not aware of a direct changeover to disc brakes using all Mopar
parts for my '60 Saratoga or '65 Imperial, and don't really want to put on
parts from Master Power or AAJ which I then have to go back to (if they're
still in business) to get replacements later.  I've got a set of discs I
took off a '76 D100 pickup I parted out last fall and I've been thinking of
doing a little measuring with an eye to using on the '60 or '65, since the
ball joints have the same dimensions; one thing I would like to gain with
the Imperial is a change to standard 4.5" bolt pattern wheels (I'd have to
have the rear re-drilled also).  If anyone is aware of interchangeability
with Mopar parts onto pre-'66 C and D bodies I'd love to hear the details.

Bill & Kathi Parker, South Central Indiana
'60 Chrysler Saratoga; '62 Plymouth Max Wedge; '64 Dart convertible (Kathi's
car); '65 Barracuda \6 (Kathi's other car); '65 Imperial; '68 Barracuda FB
340-S; '69 Barracuda FB now 360 (David's car); '72 Cuda '340

Find great local high-speed Internet access value at the MSN High-Speed

Visit the ALL-NEW ForwardLook.net! New Discussion Forums, Expanded Content and much, much more!  http://www.forwardlook.net/