Re: [FWDLK] dual m/c on 58 DeSoto

Supposedly 1974-77 Imperial (and presumably New Yorker) spindles will
interchange to 1960-62 (64?) Chryslers, bolt-on although maybe it alters the
track a bit... I don't remember what if any difference was mentioned.
These are hard to come by simply because those are a hot car for the demo
derby crowd, so they use them up when they can find one.

If the pickup spindles would work they're a lot easier to find.   Best bet
is to compare heads-up with an extra '60 or '65 part, but of course you'd
probably have to buy a spare to do it.  I'd wonder if the axle stub is in
the same place on both, and of course they have to be the same height.   If
the axle was higher on the spindle it wouldn't bother me to get some
lowering into it, but on a restored car you wouldnt want that.

I'll make a note of it anyhow. when I get the New Yorker out I can see if I
can come up with a beater pickup - will need a motor anyways, maybe can find
one with the 400 V8, and actually try a spindle swap.

Bill K.