[FWDLK] '57 DeSoto taillight towers

I have been working for a long time to find someone to replicate the '57
taillight towers.  Even bought several extra sets to ship to potential
factories who claimed they could duplicate them.  They COULD, but need to
have an outrageous price for them, and MANY sets sold.  If you have ever
tried to rechrome these puppies, you know the chrome shop will curse you
forever and charge big $$$, and you STILL won't be satisfied with the
(warped) results.

A few others have looked into this and have made (some) progress.  I think
the best thing is to work with George Laurie who works wonders in plastic
and have them made up of vacuum-chromed high-strength resin.  George has
assured me he can do them, and that they would be his usual high quality.

My questions:  How many of you folks want or need them?  Can George justify
doing all this?  Do you think the '57 towers would fit onto a '58 (which
normally has a "scoop" at the bottom for clearance of the bumper guard
venturi)?

George is looking at a preliminary price of $600 for the set, INCLUDING the
surrounding frame the tower sets into.  You can't re-chrome your originals
for that.  The resin would be heavy and not look like a cheap plastic.  I
told George I'd ask around to help him out.

Anyone?