[FWDLK] 727 trans

Hello,

I am considering swapping a small block (318 poly) 727 trans from a 64 Dodge truck into my 56 Plymouth and wondered if the tailshaft/housing will swap out with a newer 66 - later transmission, a 62-65 big block 727, or even an earlier cast iron torqueflite (57-61) for that matter. This trans has the LONG truck housing with integral E-brake drum. If it will swap with the later version, does it have to be from a small block 727? What all would I need to swap?

I will have a later 8 3/4 rear in my car so that I can live with or without the original style e-brake.

Thanks for your help.
Nathan Nuttall
56 Savoy