Re: [FWDLK] 727 trans

Nate,
Cast iron torqueflite pieces likely won't work in the aluminum version. The
early 727s used a rear pump that was eliminated in the later models, so you
will have to keep that in mind when you swap transmission parts around. It
may easier to find a 727 trans out of a small-block police car or taxicab
(heavy duty application), A 340 powered Dart or Duster would likely have
one also. You could use a big block trans if you swapped the front case of
your pickup trans into it, lots of pieces to move around, be sure to check
for proper endplay etc. when you assemble it.
Mike