[FWDLK] Headliner chrome removal/other odd questions

[FWDLK] Headliner chrome removal/other odd questions

So I looked up in this '60 2-door I've slowly been robbing for parts and
noticed excellent chrome headliner bows.  So I then had a few idle
thoughts -

How do I go about removing the chrome strips across the headliner?  The
liner itself is not too bad but I'm not sure who'd want it given the cars
had the doors sit open and no windshield for a *long* time.  There doesn't
seem to be anything obvious except screws in the inside moldings at the
windshield, the moldings that run down the sides have no screws or visible
mounts.

Maybe I should invest in a shop manual...

I assume that Saratoga and New Yorker hoods and fenders interchange (both
long wheelbase), except for the holes for the trim pieces on the fender?

I tried to pull a steering wheel today.  After many expletives I left it for
now.  Seems the screws for the horn ring all wanted to strip the slots out.
So I put a socket on the nut anyways and worked it for a while.  Nothing.
By comparison, a '63/4 Chrysler the nut came right off with one gentle pop
on the wrench.

Which, the shaft and nut seem to be smaller on the '63 so I didnt bother to
remove it.  But it looks like the horn ring and center cap might all
interchange, although the ring is just that - it has a ring where the '60 is
just a bar across the wheel spokes.

Am I just dealing with rust, or is there a trick to the wheel nut?  At 1
1/16" its a huge size, lucky I had a socket with me that big at all.

The whole dash in that car seems troublesome, screws don't want to turn,
etc.  Probably lost the windshield 30 years ago, so that would be why.

Does the headlight switch remove in the conventional fashion, IE press a
button on it to pull the shaft/knob out, then unscrew the face plate on the
switch?  How about the wiper switch?

I'm thinking about what else to do to free up the drums, particularly the
front on my New Yorker which has rotted for 38 years or so now.  I took the
outer bearing off and whacked it with a hammer some, but no sign of movement
at all.  Looks like the backing plate will just bend if I pry in there.
Starting to wonder if I should just burn a hole in the backing plate so I
can pry the shoes off the drums - I'd bet $100 the adjusting cams are rusted
solid too.  That or try and break the drum face from the ring somehow.  Not
like a GM where i can cut/break the pins that hold the shoes on and get
myself some play in it, thats for sure.

Last but not least, I saved as much of the outside stainless as I could find
to a 60 Saratoga 2-door.   (The rest may turn up when the snow melts, one
piece I had to dig out of the dirt next to the car).   All 4 door pieces,
both wide rear quarter pieces, one narrow quarter and cap (left), both
points and both narrow fender strips, one wide (right), plus 2 corner
S-pieces and one remaining rear panel bar.  The liscense guard was broken.
Will be interesting to compare and see if the lower bar is the same as a
Windsor, or if it was unique to the Saratoga.

Bill K.