Re: [FWDLK] Serial number question

The first car off the line was 100001.  The second car was 100002.   So, if
a Windsor sedan was the first car it was 8103100001.  If the 10th car off
the line was a Windsor wagon it would be 8103100010.  1959 was the last year
an assembly plant would have more than one car with a starting SPN of
100001.

The 248th car, by the way, would be 100248.   Remember :
100001 - 1st
100002 - 2nd
100003 - 3rd
100004 - 4th
100005 - 5th
100006 - 6th
100007 - 7th
100008 - 8th

For 100249 to be the 248th car either a number was skipped or the first car
off the line was 100002.  Now why would anyone number the first car #2?

In 1960, Chrysler had eight assembly plants - Lynch Road, Hamtramck,
Jefferson, Warren, LosAngeles, Newark, St.Louis and Windsor.  Thus there
would be eight 1960 vehicles the last six digits of 100001.

Bill
Vancouver, BC