[FWDLK] Fw: [FWDLK] Warning on radial-ply tires:

From: "Stig Molteberg" <stomo@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 11:15 AM
Subject: RE: [FWDLK] Warning on radial-ply tires:

One thing we "younger" guys should remember (who did'nt grow up with bias
ply)
is to remeber the difference in the tirepressure. I made this misstake since
one of my cars run on old bias ply and the other run on radials. The bias
ply
run on aprox 24 pounds and not the as on the modern tires. Makes a hugh
difference :-)

There is also a BIG difference among the bias ply's. One make will maybe
screw
 up the handling of the car while a another brand will be almost like a
radial
in performance. One other thing we might have in mind is that the radials
are
 more forgiving to worn frontends.

I go both ways. The only difference between my cars (both 1956 Chrysler) is
the one with radials corners better and they "feel" safer in high speed,
buth
both cars run straight without any surprises.

Stig Molteberg, Norway