Re: [FWDLK] And the wheel goes round round round... Radial tire convo co

Re: [FWDLK] And the wheel goes round round round... Radial tire convo continues...

Speaking of radials and bad handling, that old Pontiac would do one thing I
never did figure out.  It felt like the back of the car would wobble a bit,
side to side, but it only would do it at slow speeds, like below 10 MPH.   I
think it even did it after I swapped out tie rods from a parts car (that was
a cheap fix for the tie rod ends and I didn't even have to realign it).
Nothing looked bent under the car, although I know it was hit in the front
driver's side up high (there was about an inch of bondo in the very edge of
the hood and a crack from a big slug of it in the top of the door) and I had
it on the alignment rack in college and everything checked out.

So I guess the question is what might cause a wobble like that?  By then it
was radials all around, granted the backs weren't great but I never noticed
anything to affect the handling any other way.   Might be nice to know for
future reference though.

Bill K.

---