[FWDLK] alternators.

Hi Everyone,

A couple of months ago I was in the middle of a charging system nightmare with my 58 Plymouth. Someone before me had installed an alternator out of a boat, and it charged very very slowly, causing some dead battery issues.  Anyways, (and this is the part youre gonna hate me for, but I thought it may be of some use to someone else), I replaced my old Motorola boat alternator with a Proform 1-wire internally regulated chrome alternator.
The old bottom mount didnt fit my new alternator (GM Style), so I took an assortment of alternator brackets from work to try. Much to our surprise, a 2 piece adjustable bottom mount for a small block chevy mounted up just dandy to my 6 and it only cost about 15 bucks in chrome.

Thought the bracket info may be of some interest to someone.

Brandie in CA.