[FWDLK] 1955 or 56 300 - a good story

I heard a good story tonight.

Seems in an old junkyard here there is a '55 or '56 300, and a second '55 or
'56 2dr hardtop next to it.  The catch is the 300 is only about half a car -
the nose, cowl, possibly the engine and trans, doors, but no rear quarters
or trunk and maybe no roof.  No idea if it was a wreck, or just what
happened to the car.  There was supposed to be enough between the two cars
to put one together, although it's possible the second one is too rotted to
use as a new shell.  Getting them out is another story - you'd need either a
good 4x4 rollback, or wait until August when it's really dry, or take it
apart on the spot and carry out the pieces.   People have restored worse
cars, if this has the VIN tag all you need is a decent shell and chassis for
the 300 stuff to go on.  Good if you wanted to build an early Nascar
replica, or a one-off 300 ragtop, too.

I guess the same guy has a pile of early Hemi motors, as well - although I
am sure most are only good for heads, intakes and stuff at this point.

Is anyone desperate enough for one of these to want a basket case like that?
Some folks will restore something this bad, and this is a good $40K car done
right.  I could check it out one of these days if I can get ahold of the
guy, I do have his number here somewhere.   The junkyard is something this
guy inherited and runs on the side from a full time job.  It also might take
some time to get a price on the deal.  But it's no big deal to grab pictures
if the guy will let me see it.

The yard is a little place about 40 miles east of me.  I haven't had a
chance to see it yet and haven't made a big effort because I've been past
it, I know it's swampy in there and while there are a few good cars - step
down Hudsons, a '50 Ford ragtop, possibly some late 50's stuff - I know it's
all going to be rotty and parts car only stuff.

I do hear enough crazy stories, but the guy tells me this does have the 300
badge on it.  You never know -

Bill K.

---