[FWDLK] HARD FACTS ON 2/4 PLYMOUTH MANIFOLDS

[FWDLK] HARD FACTS ON 2/4 PLYMOUTH MANIFOLDS

To the List,

      One of the business I own specializes in Marketing and Research. Here are the FACTS that I personally researched and photographed.

   Three manifolds were made for 277- 303 - 318 Mopars.

  1. The first one was brought out late in the year in 1956 as a Fury optional power performance package that would also fit the 277 cu in. Manifold number 1732479 WIDE BASE WCFB CARBS. This was supposedly Dealer installed. (However there seems to be too much in the whole package to be dealer installed, but there is no proof that the factory installed it or any designations on one that had it?)

  2. Weiand made a 2/4 manifold #WPD4D also made out of aluminum which had the widebase WCFB carbs footprints.

   3. Plymouth made the #1822004 manifold which was stock on all 1957 and 1958 Furys and could be bought at Chrysler dealerships. This manifold also had the wide base WCFB carbs on it.

The only manifolds with the small square WCFB carbs were the early single 4 barrel carb that were on the 56 Furys and powerpack Plymouths.

All 2/4 manifold took the larger WCFB carbs that can be identified by the black cast metal bases and is standard on all 57 and 58 Furys with 318 engine.

I have photos of all three manifold. I found the first issued 56 Fury aluminum manifold at the Spring Carlisle Show last week (April 23, 2004) and the guy wanted $850.00 for it ---------so I passed on it.

At the present time I have all 3 Plymouth Service letters on the first 2/4 manifold and  the whole performance package, bigger brakes, bigger sway bar, heavy duty rear end, special distributor, intake manifold, carburetor part numbers, air cleaner, clutch package, special exhaust, mufflers and much much more and it all comes with the part numbers that were sent out to dealers. It also includes the first Road Test on the 1956 Fury with 2/4 bbl carburetors. I have this complete package for sale on Ebay at --Click here: eBay iteFURY ROAD TEST WITH 2/4 CARBS L@@K m 7901002539 (Ends May-06-04 11:35:11 PDT) - 1956 PLYMOUTH

                                         Ron Allyn Swartley