[FWDLK] EPHEMERA

I tried to post a message to theList, yesterday, but, FWR, it didn't
"post"; so, I'll only (bother to)
state that there used to be, in the early 80's,  (may STILL be) a
company that would use a
confuser to search state DMV records, to tell you (for 10bux) "how many"
of a specified car model was still "registered".
I asked/paid for the number of 57 CRL convies, & received (& probably
still-gots!) their response, that there were about 184 (IIRC) cars still
on-the-books---of course, the 'valididity' of their research is
contingent upon the "quality" of the states' INPUT into their
records---some of the "184" might have been Coros, or , even mis-labled
56'ers/58'ers.

So how many 1957 CRL convies have ya'll seen??

ps: there SHOULD be MORE 57 CRL's registered, now, since there  ought to
have been a net-increase in newly-registered cars, over furrin cars, &
wrecked cars.

I wonder if the "57 Heaven" museum cars are "registered"? They have one
example of each and every U.S. car model, in the 1957 model-year (
including the 1957 Dodge D501, that was "discovered"  [the same way that
the "New World" was "discovered", by the Europeans?? ] in WA,  several
years ago.

Finally , in my earlier "message" that didn't make it to the List, I
speculated that the % of surviving Ply's should NOT be applied toward
calculating the %/number of surviving luxury-
sport/convie  models, due to the "better care" that the latter models
necessarily received, from their owners--Ply's were, overwhelmingly,
bought/used for utilitarian purposes, and their prosaic-models'
survival depended upon pure-mathematical chance (numbers-produced) ,
fortuitous garaging/storage, and/or familial-
affection.

Horace survived Chi-Town area 'life', due to his undercoating, &
somewhat careful winter-usage, & dead-storage, for 10+ years--he still
had considerable lower-body rust-out,  but no significant floor pan
deterioration.

Neil Vedder