Re: [FWDLK] Stuck Engine Tranny Question

Re: [FWDLK] Stuck Engine Tranny Question

Larry,

You can still remove the tranny. Follow the shop manual procedure.
Basically:
1.      Remove the bolts holding the trans case to the bell housing and slide the
trans straight back. It will "un-plug" from the torque converter. Or you can
leave the bell housing and trans attached and un-bolt from the engine, and
then slid it all back.
2.      The spacer plate (between engine and bell housing) has one bolt (holding
it to the engine) near the RH alignment pin that is NOT accessible until
AFTER the bell housing is removed. It is necessary to leave the spacer plate
on the engine when the bell housing is removed.
3.      The torque converter will remain bolted to the crank. After the bell
housing is removed, un-bolt the spacer plate and remove. All 8 nuts holding
the torque converter to the crank should be accessible now.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500