[FWDLK] Michigan Only Historic Vehicle Insurance Change

[FWDLK] Michigan Only Historic Vehicle Insurance Change

FYI For all Michigan residents,

Starting July 1 this year, there will be a notable increase in the MCCA (michigan catastrophic claims association) fee for each vehicle insured in Michigan. That's the fee we all pay for covering the idiots who don't have insurance.
That cost alone will now be $100.20 per car. This fee has always been part of the amount you paid your insurance company as part of your Michigan auto insurance policy.

The good news is that if your vehicle is registered with Michigan historical/authentic license plates instead of standard plates you get a $80.00 per car reduction in this fee.

It will likely be your responsibility to notify your insurance carrier that you do have historic/authentic plates on the car.

If you don't have historic/authentic plates, you can check out the details here.

www.michigan.gov/sos/
www.hagerty.com

Just telling Hagerty that I had the plates saved $240 a year.

Jim Krausmann
Detroit