[FWDLK] In utter-words.....

Steve B. & others, have it 'right':  the neutral starter switch PREVENTS
an electrical "connection" from occurring, when the neutral-
button is depressed, when the engine is running---there is a horizontal
'bar' @ the rear of the pushbutton assembly, that contacts a
"starter"  'elongation-piece' [for lack of a , ahem, better-coloquial
term ] , when the "N" buttton is  depressed, which would, ordinarily,
complete the "starter" circuit, & engage the starter.

I , just, wasn't sure which "piece" was defective
--guess it's the 'guy' , sitting on the intake manifold.

Gracias, y'all

Neil V.