[FWDLK] COVER me (Springsteen)\

I installed clear covers on H. after seeing a lot of long-term favorable
"results", on/from  basket-cases, that had had plastic seat covers
installed on them.
My excellent local upholstery shop had 'initially' advised me AGAINST
installing the 'covers' (in the hot/dry desert environment).
'
However, after seeing 'nothing' but positive results "on"  swap-meet
cars (where the ONLY "deterioration/damage" on the upholstery was where
the plastic covers had deteriorated and
had separated-away, EXPOSING the upgolstery to the 'elements') , I
decided that I
HAD TO install the plastic  covers---I had been  snugging-down matterss
pads, over the seats, to protect them, but the seat bottoms still got
dirty.

I had my seats be professionally cleaned (out of the car), air-dry, and
then had my  shop install the clear covers--I've recently REPLACED the
'worn'  clear covers with new plastic--the upholstery was in perfect
condition, EXCEPT where the driver's side  gold seat-beading had broken,
from usage, AND also, the "vertically-oriented " seat vinyl, on the
driver's
bolster (what you 1st see, upon opening the door) and cracked,
laterally, (again!) from
"seat-usage"---I say "again", because when I 1st got H., he had a
similar crackage/failure
of the OEM vinyl, @ that location.

Speaking of OEM vinyl, the OEM stuff ("Pellon"
-backed", as the advertising stated) was actually PRETTY GOOD stuff--the
Pellon was a registered trademark (of DuPont??--I've got an magazine-ad,
from its manufacturer, touting its properties)--and the Pellon was
another layer of woven 'something', that reinforced the vinyl.

The replacement vinyl (that 'failed' "this-time", and which was
again-replaced, with the 'new' clear-plastic covers, and the new seat
beading)
was provided by SMS (IIRC), and altho it has the correct color/texture,
it's a LOT wimpier
(no underlying reinforcement) than the OEM "Pellon"-reinforced vinyl.

Anyway, I'm an exponent of using clear plastic seat covers.

Neil V.