[FWDLK] PLASTIQUE

If it wasn't 'clear' from  my previous missive, ANY good upholstery shop
can install custom-fitted clear plastic seat covers on a car.

When 1st installed, they will  feel tacky, but that sensation will soon
go-away, leaving you with a "feel" that will be much like that of a car
with al-vinyl interior.

You'll also notice that those covers will firm-up & support  your
upholstery--you'll not sink as far into them, as before, and you SHOULD
consider installing  seatbelts (which you should, already,  have
installed--aftermarket belts are readily available & easy to mount).

Entry/exit will be much easier; on my just-replaced clear covers, there
was an OMINOUS pointy-depression, where a sharpish-thing (ballpoint pen
tip?) had tried to force its way into the (driver's)  seat bottom, but
the clear cover "saved" the upholstery!

The plastic also brightens-up the interior, by reflecting ambient light,
and adds a brightness/depth to the upholstery, kind of like a clear-coat
paint job.

If I had a convie, I'd install the plastic covers in a heartbeat , to
protect its very vulnerable  multi-$K investment.

Finally, & most curiously/amusingly, you will be approached by
passers-by, remarking upon the good condition of your "NOS/OEM" plastic
seat covers, & saying how  they "recalled" them, in the past.

C-5, y'all!

Neil V.