Re: [FWDLK] Fwd: [FWDLK] STUDS: The HUB of the matter

Re: [FWDLK] Fwd: [FWDLK] STUDS: The HUB of the matter

Guys,

I would like to make one correction in Neil's statement "the only
reason for the 'pulling' of the hub would be for a servicing of the axle
bearings, which are internally lubricated (right?), and which usually
only require "replacement"(?)."

This is not correct. There is an inner seal which prevents the differential
lube from flowing to the outer wheel bearings. The outer bearings are lubed
by removing a plug in the axel tube and injecting grease. If it hasn't been
done by the current owner, it may not have been done since the car left the
factory.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500