Re: [FWDLK] Torque Converter From Hell (No More)

Re: [FWDLK] Torque Converter From Hell (No More)

Marc:  That did the trick.  Yes, it was a pain in the trunk, but it worked.  Since the engine was seized (for years), and the heads already removed, I flipped the block over, removed the oil pan, and began taking things apart.  I got some of the mains loose, others I could not because of the position the crank was frozen at.  I went to the acetylene torch and ended up cutting some rods and rotating the crank to get most of the nuts.  Finally I had to cut a bit more and rotated the crank to get to the last nuts (there are eight) holding the torque converter.  Once the torque converter was removed, I was able to remove the one bolt that held the spacer, and took the spacer off from the engine block.

Tomorrow the parts go to the transmission shop to replace the old ones from the '59.

Thanks all for your thoughts and advice.  I know some of you said you had similar problems with seized engines.  This worked for me, but it is not an easy way to go.  Thanks again.

LARRY (Akron, Ohio)