Re: [FWDLK] "Preservation and restoration."

Re: [FWDLK] "Preservation and restoration."

It all comes down to: "to each his (or her) own". If you don't like what
someone wants to do with their car, tough. Its a free country. The most you
can do is not tell them how to chop a top or install air ride or whatever.

Personally, I'll be doing my '57 in what I consider a tastefully cool style.
The car will look pretty original, but will run like nobody's business. It
will also have a few creature comforts like a stereo and A/C. It will have
disc brakes so it can stop like nobody's business too. It won't be tubbed,
but minor precautions may be taken for wider rear tires. Interior will be
close to original, but not perfect. Exterior will be original because it
just looks cool in black and white two tone, even though its a 4dr sedan. It
will be no hack job though. The radio will still look original. It will
function like it was supposed to be that way all along, and most people
won't take notice. There will be no rat's nest wiring. There will be nothing
hanging under the dash except the brake pedal, and maybe a vintage add-on
A/C unit. There will be no aftermarket instrumentation, so far as the
untrained eye can tell. There would be fewer words in this e-mail, but I
just watched "Christine" again and got a little psyched.

Dave Casey
1957 Plymouth Savoy 4dr Sedan