Re: [FWDLK] Play in the steering box: input shaft bushing or something?

Re: [FWDLK] Play in the steering box: input shaft bushing or something?

Sounds like the rag joint, something they added on purpose so a head on
doesn't drive the steering column right through you.  Instead, it breaks
off.

Probably a fairly wide application on them and someone would make a repro
you can use on it, but I'd let someone who knows more about it offer that
info -

If you can have someone else turn the wheel while you watch the rag joint
you should be able to see one side of it move before the other one, if in
fact that is the problem -

Bill K.