[FWDLK] Dealer Installed Power Brake Unit (Dave Grove)

[FWDLK] Dealer Installed Power Brake Unit (Dave Grove)

Dave, and list.....this is what one got when deciding to obtain power brakes
on a car already having manual brakes.  Seems this was easier to install and
required no linkage or master cylinder changing.....like Dave Stragand said,
this system used the existing master cylinder as an actuator for the new
cylinder and power assist unit.   My 57 Plymouth has this unit on it.  I know the
brakes feel very stiff, however the brakes do need an overhaul.....so this may be
the reason.   If any of you have more info. on this unit, please respond to
the list.  I'm sure a lot of us are curious about this thing.  I couldn't make
the Carlisle trip this year : (     The pictures are GREAT Dave!!  This is
quite a journey for me though, living in New Orleans, La.  I will try to get one
of my Forwardlook cars ready to make the trip next year.....probably the 57
Imperial.  Later, Great Forwardlookers,  George.