[FWDLK] Christine

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:03:42 EDT
> From:    Ron Allyn Swartley <Archangel1390@xxxx>
> Subject: CHRISTINE II

> ADAM,

>       I 100% TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU THAT ANY PLYMOUTHS DESTROYED WHILE
> MAKING THE MOVIE CHRISTINE WAS WORTH IT. A FEW WERE DESTROYED TO GET > > > > > COUNTLESS
PLYMOUTHS RESTORED.  BECAUSE OF THE > > > ATTENTION THE MOVIE BROUGHT TO THE 57 AND 58
> PLYMOUTHS, THAT ATTENTION WAS PRICELESS. IT GAVE THEM RESPECT, BEAUTY, > MYSTIQUE
AND VALUE. EVEN LITTLE KIDS THAT SAW THE > MOVIE WANTED A PLYMOUTH LIKE THEY
SAW IN THE MOVIE. OLDER GUYS THAT HAD > > BEEN SITTING ON ONE STARTED RESTORING IT
> AND EVERYONE THAT SAW THE MOVIE SMILED WHEN THEY HEARD THE SONG "BAD TO THE
> BONE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>   "A FEW DIED SO MANY COULD LIVE"

                                                                      RON
> ALLYN SWARTLEY

And I agree 100% with the founding premise and goal of this forum:
Preservation and Restoration.
Two great, honorable words.

James Dean got people to like 1950 Mercurys without having to destroy any.

Sean Connery and the other James Bonds
got people to groove on Aston Martins,
John Denver made AMC Pacers famous, Bobby Blake popularized woody wagons,
and Pee Wee Herman made retro balloon-tire bikes cool again.
None of these had to be *wrecked* to get people to like them... they were just shown on-screen at their best.

I don't know that I'd WANT somebody to buy a Forward Look car just because he got turned on seeing how they look when they're ruined!
(I never heard of anybody rushing out to buy a black '63 Lincoln Continental after watching that one get crushed in that James Bond flick!)

=Lou=
------------------------------
And while I'm here, and on a happier note:

> Date:    Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:20:57 From:    robb russo <drrusso2@xxxx
> Subject: Re: "New Member Intro!"

> Hi, All:

> My name is 'Robb Russo,' Italian, of course.  I am 55+-years-old,
> 'retired' on disability and in a wheelchair.  I can NO longer drive.  I
> just love the Foward Look cars and my dad WAS a huge fan of them.
>
> Thanks for letting me join.  I hope to add insight and learn even MORE
> about these rare, fabulous cars!

> Robb Russo

Rare and fabulous indeed, Robb.
Thanks for posting that; it came at just the right time.

=Lou=