From: eddee
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 10:07 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] lead substitutes

Hello List

I have been advised,,as I am sure many already know,,,to install hardened exhaust valve seats at the earliest time in any of the older heads.

Supposedly the lead in the old fuel acted as a lubricant and coolant to prevent the exhaust valves from 'eating' the seat area.

I will probably do this,,,but,,,,has anyone ever used the lead substitutes presently on the market instead of installing the hardened seats??
Has it been successful at all over the long haul??
How 'far' will one be able to go without installing the seats??

Thanks for the info

ED ECKERSON
LI  NY
57 FURY