Re: [FWDLK] CARBURETOR QUESTION

Ron,
Sounds like your gaskets are dried out and leaking, a common Holley problem.
When the gasket on the float bowl side of the metering block dries out and shrinks, gas leaks out of the float bowl.When the gasket on the other side of the metering block gives out you get air leaks, upsetting the idle quality, power valve operation (crappy gas mileage)and sometimes even the vacuum advance signal. There are new gaskets available that are made of better material than the originals, that will minimize the problem , they are available thru most of the mail order speed shops. There are some subtle differences in the gaskets for Holley 4150 & 4160 series carbs, make sure you get the right ones.
The Edelbrock four barrel (AFB clone) sure works well , no bowl leaks and it bolts right on.

Mike