[FWDLK] Local Parish Ordinances Against Antique Cars On Ones Property

[FWDLK] Local Parish Ordinances Against Antique Cars On Ones Property

 Hello Everyone.   Since this issue involves 3 Forwardlook Autos, I felt the
urgency to discuss an experience I had today while driving to the Code
Enforcement Office.  I decided that I should locate the building first to know
exactly how to get there.....and tomorrow drive over to discuss the letter I
received and the conditions.  Well on the way I noticed 5 or 6 houses in direct
conflict with some of these ordinances.  One yard had waist high weeds....right off
of the street.  Another had 3 rusted cars 80's vintage...no license plates
and flat tires.  Came across several others with clearly visible trash and
debris within plain sight from the street.   But what really infuriated me the most
was when I pulled into the parking lot of the Code Enforcement Office and
Directly across the street, within 10 feet from the road, behind a chain link
fence were 4 inoperable vehicles.  A 69 Eldorado with heavy rust, non current
license plates and 4 flat tires.  An 80's Lincoln with no license, An old Ford
truck on flats...no license.  A Granada on flats and no plate at all.  THIS IS
DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET FROM THIS AGENCY.  Needless to say, I will have my
camera with me tomorrow.  After I play humble pie...I will promptly write a
certified letter to my Councilman and enclose that particular picture.   This, in
my opinion constitutes selective enforcement.   I'll let everyone know of my
experience tomorrow.  Some of these  ordinances need revision badly.  Seems
like the bodies which make these decisions have no knowledge about the old car
hobby.  Just require us to erect a privacy fence for crying out loud.  Later
Guys and Gals....George.