[FWDLK] Fwd: [FWDLK] Local Parish Codes/Zoning/High Weeds/Inoperable Car

[FWDLK] Fwd: [FWDLK] Local Parish Codes/Zoning/High Weeds/Inoperable Cars/Whatever

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: AdamL57@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:14:00 EDT
Not only is this about old cars,but if it isn't affecting you directly it will indirectly.If all of the sitting unregistered cars are junked there will be no more future projects for any of us,also no more parts.Cars that I had years ago at my mothers when I was a teenager,a 57 Belv hardtop,2 57 Furys and a 58 2dr Savoy hardtop came under zoning fire,I sold one Fury with the Belv as a parts car(the belv had 52,000 miles on it,the Fury 54,000),stripped and junk the Savoy (a 60,000 mile 6 cyl auto) and the other Fury which was rough.Luckily for alot of you I stripped them and held onto the parts all of these years,back then they were worthless,I only got $3,000 for the good Fury and Belv,the parts had little value.If I had junked the cars complete all of the stuff I had sold on e-bay that was hard to find or just needed by people for their restorations would have been junked in the late 80's or early 90's.Privacy fences aren't always the answer either.One non-local I knew up here had a couple of '49 Mercs,a 59 Plymouth 2dr wagon and a few other cars years ago behind a fence,the inspector went on his property when he wasn't home,looked behind the fence and wrote him up anyway,visible or not they couldn't be there.He had no neighbors at all who could have complained,just a nosey guy with a local govt. job which gives him power to bust balls.Everyone around knew the guy was into cars,word must have gotten to the zoning code enforcer and he just felt like doing his "civil duty".

Adam Lindenbaum

--- End Message ---