From: Forward Look Frank <fwdlkfjw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 22:34:37 -0400
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] A/C Question

   Hello All,
                I was wondering if you can put a rebuilt compressor in a car and hook it up without charging/adding oil to it. When I say hook it up, I mean hook the belts to it and the pressure lines. I figured that since the clutch isn't engaged, it is most likely free-wheeling and no damage would occur unless the clutch was engaged. Am I right? To be safe, I would leave the clutch wire unhooked but I want to verify my thoughts before I attempt this. Thanks for your help.
Take Care,
Frank