[FWDLK] A/C Question

    Hello All,
                 I was wondering if you can put a rebuilt compressor in a car and hook it up without charging/adding oil to it. When I say hook it up, I mean hook the belts to it and the pressure lines. I figured that since the clutch isn't engaged, it is most likely free-wheeling and no damage would occur unless the clutch was engaged. Am I right? To be safe, I would leave the clutch wire unhooked but I want to verify my thoughts before I attempt this. Thanks for your help.
Take Care,
Frank