[FWDLK] A/C question

Hi Danny, and everybody! To answer danny's question, I'd first assume that he's the kind of "forwardlooker" that I am. By that I mean, he wants a cool old tailfinned ride that has a practical element to it. I have a ' 58 firesweep 4 dr. sedan, and intend on putting A/C on it, and driving it, a lot! My intent is to resto-fy it. It'll look stock, but have a few practical improvements, to enhance driving pleasure. I'm an ASE certified technician, and will likely build my own system, or possibly use some Vintage Air brand components. I restore cars for a living, and also do custom work. I recently put a Vintage Air system in a ' 55 Chevy, and it was well thought out, using the stock control location, and under dash vents that complement the (mostly) original interior. These Vintage Air systems also cool better than originals, and for the money are the best way to go, in my opinion. They bare al! so lighter in weight than most any old A/C system I can think of. When I say I may build my own, I'd be using an under dash evaporator case, and custom made brackets, with a Sanyo compressor. Keep in mind, that originality doesn't matter in this instance. Or, I may use Mopar brackets and compressor from an early to  mid seventies "B" block car, as my DeSoto has the 350 in it.( To give it a semi-original appearance). If Danny is pretty handy with tools and fabrication, he could hook it up fairly inexpensively. I haven't yet checked to see if  Vintage Air makes a "direct fit" system as they call it, for late fifties Mopars. It can be done, but it'll take some $$$$, but doesn't everything??  Zach-------