Re: [FWDLK] Hello

>From my book, the serial number only tells you it was built in Detroit MI
with a V8 engine, which is what the 16 means.

Interestingly, your number 16080400 is apparently close to the end of
production, the book claims a range ending in 16080450 -

Engine numbers for this block are stamped and should be on the left front of
the block below the head - this is the driver's side, as you face the front
of the car it would be on the right, and should include a code P29-xxxx, the
x's can be 4 to 6 digits and should be the sequential production number of
the block.  The book is somewhat confusing here, as several different
horsepower engines seem to share the same starting sequential numbers.
Stock engine is a 269-cubic inch, 180 horse mill with a Carter BBD 2-barrel
carb.   There was an optional 276 CI 187 HP 2-barrel engine and it could be
ordered with a 4-barrel 'power pack' as well.  You also had a 303 CI engine
in the Fury with a 4-barrel.

Power windows cost $102 extra and are probably a rare option on a Plymouth -

Have fun and good luck with it -

Bill K.