[FWDLK] Hello

Hello everyone,

    I'm new to the list, and Forward Look site.  My name is Kyle, I live in Anacortes Wa.  I recently bought a '56 Belvedere to fix with my 11 year old daughter, Cindy (and give to her when she's old enough).  I'm new to these cars, and, in fact, the only vehicle older than mid-80s I've owned is my '77 D-100.  But I've been reading car magazines, and going to car shows, for several years, and I've worked on a few cars of other peoples, I've just never found a good deal on a car when I had money to get it.

    The Belvedere is a four-door sedan with a V-8 with a powerflite trans.  The floors are a little rusty and it was hit in the rear on the left side.  I was told the trans. seals leak, and can see the diff. leaks, and the driveshaft boots are ripped.  The car is fairly complete, it has all but two or three peices of trim, and they're mostly in really good shape.  The gas tank looks like it was stepped on, and had gas sitting in it for years.  The wiring also needs replacing, it's mostly cloth wrapped and the cloth is frayed.  It has power windows, but since the wiring is bad, and it's missing the motor in the drivers door, I can't roll the windows down yet.

    I was also told that the engine was rebuilt a few years ago, and the car hasn't driven since then, but they didn't say what engine it was, or even if it was original.  I found some numbers on it that look like a date, and it looks like it says '66, so I don't think it is original.  I found this number on the front of the block behind the fuel pump, 2468230, and this on the head under the valve cover, 2268341-11, if anyone can decode these, I would appreciate it.  Speaking of numbers the vehicle no. is 16080400, what info can this tell me?

    I'm looking forward to this project and learning about this car through these e-mails, and the forward look site.

Later,
Kyle