Re: [FWDLK] Legal Implications of Changing Years and Models

Re: [FWDLK] Legal Implications of Changing Years and Models

Ron,

Just my $0.02 worth is: Cloning or making the car YOU want with what you
have. Just because you change the car, doesn't mean you are going to
REGISTER the car as such. True, there are people out and about putting
together "fake" cars, but these low moral scum's are just that, scum. As for
the rest of us, building a car with what you have to make it what you want
is something that has been going on since dirt was new. Just like the old
Hot Rod's of the 40's and 50's. Just because you start with a `23 T body,
Dodge chassis, and Pontiac engine, doesn't mean you are going to register it
as all 3 vehicles. Personally, I see nothing wrong with changing a car to
fit your needs or wants. It's your car, you do with it as you see fit.
Unless someone else wants to foot the bill for your restoration, I don't
think it is anyone else's business. BUT, when the time comes to sell the
car, or should the builder pass away, under NO circumstances should the car
be sold as anything but what it originally started life as.

If our welcomed new FWDLK friend builds a `58 Plymouth out of a low-line `57
model, more power to him. The parts are hard to find, not cheap, and often
times in poor condition. One must remember, there are many factions to a car
club/hobby. Concourse restorers, exact correctness restorers, built to drive
restorations and hot rods. None of which is wrong or right, just what ever
the OWNER wants.

To be honest, this topic has been brought up so many times, that it really
has begun to wear on my last nerve. I have rare cars. I do with them what I
want. If I want to preserve the car for prosperity, I will. If I want to cut
it up and make a hot rod, well, I own it and I'll do it. Someone doesn't
like it, fine. They are entitled to their opinion, but slighting someone for
doing something to something THEY OWN just flat out ticks me off. If you
don't like, come up with the money and buy it from me. It wont be cheap.

Well, that's all I have to say on this, and rest assured this is THE LAST
TIME I will comment on this issue. Enough already. If someone is promoting
the fact that they are "building" a car to resemble something it is not,
then there is a very slim chance that they will try and sell it as such.
Most will sell a car (or register for that matter) it as it's original make.

Off soapbox....
Clay Wood
http://www.mocarz.com