[FWDLK] 58 Fury duel 4's

All,
         I am having trouble getting the choke to return to the open setting after the engine is hot. Have tried different settings on the choke spring but nothing seems to work. I can do it manually by taking the air cleaner off and push the choke open with my finger.
        What is the function of the the piece of tubing that comes out of the choke return spring housing, goes down into the manifold, makes a loop, and comes back out and forms a return bend with the hole in the end about 2 inches from the top of the manifold? Is it supposed to suck hot air into the return spring and make it expand and open the choke?
         Any suggestios will be appreciated.
                                         Jim Woomer