[FWDLK] Another Product Report - Por Patch

[FWDLK] Another Product Report - Por Patch

Even though my 56 Dodge underwent an extensive  rust-ectomy there were a few
small rust holes in the trunk that did not justify a lot of attention.
I tried the POR Patch product which looks a lot like POR-15 in thick pudding
form.  I used this in the rear section of the trunk in where it rolls up
into the back panel.  there were some pin holes and rough areas that were
already sandblasted so I applied the POR Patch from the toothpast like tube
and smoothed it out with a putty knife.   There was also a hole about 5/16
in diameter way down under the taillight section that I filled in.   Also
the "J" channel around the trunk where the weatherstrip sits was rusted and
pretty rough.  I replaced the channel at top section at the base of the rear
window across the bottom was ugly but solid. I applied the POR patch and
smoothed it out with my finger.  It is definatly more presentable, not
perfect but a another coat would fill in all the deep pits and smooth it out
pretty well.  It is all under theweatherstrip anyway.

This stuff would probably be ok to patch a small hole in a floor or other
small holes or rough areas without breaking out the welder and having to
grind to make it smooth.

I do not know about the long term but the stuff dried very hard adn seem to
stick wel to the rough, pitted sandblasted metal very well.  I'd use caution
with new or clean metal.

Scott
1956 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer
2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab