[FWDLK] mech + electr fuel pump.

Hi,
To avoid some works on the side of the road in an eventuality of  malfuctiuning pump, i 'll install an emergency electrical pump. I've an Holley "red" which delivers more fuel than the 392 could burn. I made a test and
- at tank location, the pump deleivers 1 1/4 gallons in 1 mn
- at engine location (beside the mech. pump) the pump delivers litle less than 1/2 gallons in 1 mn. Ther's around 10 feet fuel line between tank and mech. pump !
I know that these pump must push rather than pull but do you think that 1/2 gal / mn is correct in all case.
I prefere mount the pump at front, access is better than crawling under rear axle !!

And now, how install the two pumps ? I've made two schematics, i'm not sure the #2 will work (but the pump is at rear so it flows better..)
http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad/imagfor/pump.jpg

Let me know your ideas or advises.

--
Philippe COURANT

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F

Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

Buick 1996 Roadmaster wagon

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f