[FWDLK] @&^$*&&# brake springs

Title: L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 22 Sep 2004 to 23 Sep 2004 (#2004-263)

Please help!  I am putting new brakes on my 58 Dodge Coronet and I am having a very hard time getting the brake springs back on.  The back wheels were easy, the front ones are nearly impossible.  I bought a pair of brake spring pliers, but they not only damaged my new brake shoes, but they bent as well!  I am at a stand still until I get these things back on.

I also have another question.  My cross-over choke control does not seem to be working.  I tried to adjust it, however, it is still not working.  Do these go bad, or is there something I am missing?  Does anyone know where I can get this part if it is bad?

Thanks,

Tina

PS – Sorry my questions may seem simplistic, but I am doing all the work on this car myself, so it is all new to me.  J