[FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] 1957 Dodge Distributor

[FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] 1957 Dodge Distributor

Tony,

What is specifically wrong with your distributor that your mechanic says it
is un-repairable?

The shaft bushings are replaceable, and most of the other internal parts can
be replaced too.

Your distributor is physically interchangeable with any from a 1956/1957
315/325 Dodge Hemi or Poly. Other Mopar distributors of the time have
different shaft lengths, but the internals are all the same design. The main
differences are in the timing advance characteristics.

You could also convert to a modern Mopar Electronic distributor, but you
will need a shaft adapter to extend the length to fit your engine.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500