Re: [FWDLK] Brake bleeding problems 57-300C power brakes

Re: [FWDLK] Brake bleeding problems 57-300C power brakes

I assume you're using a dual master cylinder.  I had the same problem when converting.  Here's the fix.

I decided to make some plugs, by using the extra adapter lines I had, hammering them flat, and coiling them up.  I installed them, pushed down once on the pedal, let up, and tried to push down again. The pedal would not move in the slightest.  Since that's what was supposed to happen, I figured that was good.  Also, since the pedal went down once in the first place, I figured it had air in it.  I removed the plugs and reconnected the lines.

I'd recommend putting the plugs in on the car, and re-bench-bleeding the m/c.  give it quick little "rabbit punches" as well as slow ones.  Also, if you heat it up with a propane torch for a minute or so, the air bubbles will expand and come out (don't cook the m/c, just heat it up nice and warm.)

-Dave