Re: [FWDLK] Gas Shocks?

I have Gabriel Red  Ryder gas shocks on the 57 Plymouth along with Coker Classic Radials. They seem to work fine,handling is very good but not any huge improvement over the originals.Dick W.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 9:20 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] Gas Shocks?

Has anyone had experience with the gas-hydrualic shocks that Bernbaum and Kanter Auto Products are offering in place of the std. hydrualic ones for Chryslers or Desotos?  I have just finished restoring my 58 Firedome Conv. and I am finding it very hard to find the original type std. hydrualic shocks.  I guess no makes them any longer.  I have tried the new gas shocks from Monroe on several other 50's cars and have had very poor luck with the handling.

The salesman at Kanter tells me that their shocks work well with radial tires on the 50's cars.  Any feed-back from experience would be appreciated.

Allen Faltus