[FWDLK] Which is faster? a 426 Hemi Challenger, or a 1956 Dodge?

[FWDLK] Which is faster? a 426 Hemi Challenger, or a 1956 Dodge?

Excuse me: the Challenger would have a 4-speed, & a SureGrip, but I on't
know  the rear end ratio, and radial tires.

The 56'er would be a "race-prepped" D500-1, with  , maybe 4.89(!) gears,
state-of-the-art bias plys. , and a "1-shift" (2nd-to-3rd)  manual
trannie.

The guys supporting the mythology of the 56'er
claim 13-second 1/4 mile times, or maybe 14.1
second times. Ron Swartly has produced an actual time-slip of 15.45/91
mph, which ain't bad, @ all, & is probably representative +/-  .2
second.

Oh, yeah, well Dream Car Garage, on Speed Channel (re-peated a )
broadcast, tonite where
1970 performance cars were tested, including a 429 Boss Mustang, Olds
Hurst 442, Challenger 426 Hemi, Chevelle LS-6, GTO Judge, Buick GS400,
and 390 AMX were tested/compared.

At 14.1 seconds in the 1/4, our mythological D500-1 would have JUST
lost to  the 426 Challenger, w/SureGrip, 4-speed, which only managed
14.030.

So, to enliven these FWDLK proceedings, I'm calling  BS to the claims,
for the 1/4 mile performance of the 1956 D500-1 'race car'.

As Ron Swartly has previously mentioned, if a D500-1 ran in C/Gas class,
it could have received almost any engine  after-market upgrades, up to,
but NOT including supercharging.

Show "us" the RESULTS ( not here-say, or "computer-estimations) !!!

Neil Vedder