Re: [FWDLK] K&N's: OK?

At 05:44 PM 10/28/2004, eastern sierra Adj Services wrote:
I'm justabout ready to order a K&N  air filter
for Horrie, but thought I'd 'see' if anyone has any strong
feelings/experiences, with their installation.

I put one into my 86 Turbo LeBaron, years ago, & can not say, honestly,
that I noticed a 'really' significant increase in mileage/perfrmance .

I put one in my V-10 Dodge Ram pickup, only difference I noticed was that I spent more than usual for an air filter that day.

K&N's might not 'work' any better than "Split-Fiire" spark plugs, but,
I'm willing to be a Guinea Pig; I just wish they weren't so expensive.

If "Split-Fire" plugs really worked, they wouldn't have to hype them so much to sell them.

BTW, the K&N part-number, for single 4-bbl Hemis, in 57 - 58  is :
E-1957.

K&N does NOT cross-reference this filter to our cars; it's only
'recognized' by them, via a physical-dimensions comparison, & it appears
to be a dead-nuts "fit".

So, anybody, yet, installed these-guys, into their car(s)?

Neil Vedder