Re: [FWDLK] It's BAAAAACK!

My only gripe with this car is that the owner trumped the car as being one
of three Canadian-built cars for Mexico, knowing that the serial number said
it was built in Hamtramck and knowing that the car was shipped to a dealer
in Pennsylvania.

His "back-story" may have been cartoonish, but using that false story to
promote or sell the car amounts to fraud in my mind.

You are right about the 'toilet seat' on the deck lid.  It just does not
look right.  It is a bolted-on item so it can be removed.  Just need to plug
the holes and give the lid a repaint.  I would also ditch the faux wood-look
on the rear panel above the bumper.

And in this case "PLODGE" would be a perfect name for the car.

One day I would like to get a Canadian-built Plymouth Fury (Plymouth dash,
Dart Phoenix upholstery) and put a 1961 Dodge Dart front clip on it.
Considering the poor reception the Plymouth front end got as well as the
rear of the Dart, this combination would look better then either the
production Plymouth or Dodge Dart.  Just get some "Viscount" or "Mayfair"
nameplates for the front fender sides, a Dodge nameplate for the rear and
your done.

Now that one you could pawn off as a production "Canadian" car to those not
in the know.

Bill
Vancouver, BC