Re: [FWDLK] 411 for 392?

John,  as you stated in your email, the 331/354 distributor is to short.
The 331/354 shaft is 4.25in while the 392 is 4.5in Also the the
intermediate shafts are of different lengths. This due to the fact that
the 392 is a raised block when compared to the 331/354. IMO you have the
following options:
1. get a 392 distributor ( I see them at swap meets every once in a
while)
2. use the  MSD version for the 392
3. take the 331/354 distributor and lengthen the shaft. (Bob Walker at
"Power Play" in NC ( http://www.powerplayhemi.com ) makes a conversion
kit but it is nothing more than a sleeve you use to weld the shaft back
together at the required length. I used this method to lengthen a GM HEI
for my 331 (in a 32 Ford roadster) and it works well. Or if you want to
stay all Mopar use a late model electronic and modify its shaft length.
The only thing to watch out for is when welding the shaft back together
that the shaft run out is kept to an absolute minimum.
There may be other options that I'm unaware off, hope this helps. Nico