[FWDLK] K & N : "E-1957"

I received the air filter today, & it's a PERFECT
fit for the 57 -58 DeSoto/Chrysler, and 1957
D500,  single-4-barrel air cleaner.
I do not know if the 57 Adventurer-style dual air cleaners have the same
size air filters,  as the single- carb units, but I believe  that they
ARE the 'same', as their air-cleaners  are only 'shortened'  thru their
middle-sections.

The K & N  looks  neat, and as there is more 'space' between its 'fins',
the K&N's should (as advertised) flow more air. It's also probably an
optical-illusion, but the K&N, once installed, LOOKS like there is more
"air-space"  under the
air cleaner lid, than with the 'standard' air cleaner.

I 'searched' for "K & N air filters", & contacted several  of the
companies that advertised free-shipping. The cheapest one was about
$41.00, but they said that they'd have to order the filter from a
'warehouse(?)" . The filter that arrived today was apparently sent
directly from K & N.

I'll let y'all know 'how' the K&N "performs"; I think I said, a while
ago, that I'd scored a "short" viscous fan assembly @ Spring Fling, in
L.A., this year (that supposedely came-from an "early   60's Hemi-car
"). The assembly is only about 2 1/2" 'long', compared to the 3"
standard-length,
which is readily-available, now (including the current MoPar Performance
piece; I know: I bought one & tried to make it fit--it was a tad too
long). There is apparently ONE(?) person/co. that overhauls the viscous
fans, & he says, up-front, that the waiting-period is 4-6 MONTHS, and
that his O/H cost is about $200.00(?!).

Anyway, it will be neat to see what the combo of the K & N, & viscous
fan assembly, will produce. I believe that a 'lot' of the 'good' mpg
that the 392-guys like brag about may be due to
the effect of their engines'  viscous fans. We'll see!

Neil Vedder