[FWDLK] '58 Dodge Wagon . . .

Hi, I just joined the list to try and resolve some issues with my new
'project'.

This car has been sitting since ~1969 outside, and appears to have ~41K
original miles.

When I got it home, I discovered the starter was missing,
and none of the usual sources seem to have them.  I did come up with the
p/n, good 'ol MDT-6001 1779955.  The best I have been able to come up is a
rebuilt out of NY for $200.  As this car needs quite a bit more work
before it will be worth driving, and I am presently between jobs, I hate
to lay out the cash for it if I can find a good used one somewhere,
anyone???  (350 cid, part of the 361/383 series).

Also, I need the fiberglass 'heater box' that goes under the hood, Model
705, a p/b radio to get a good tuning shaft out of, and a blue passenger
side door panel for a four-dour.

The engine was frozen as to be expected, so the heads came of right after
I got all the dirt, leaves etc. off it.  It had 2 broken valve springs,
and should be ready to go back together tomorrow, and I need to get a
starter asap so I can move the car around at least-

'nother thing, I'd like to put 'kits' in the wheel cylinders, but Kragen's
wants to know whether it is 'early or late', a local club member with the
a similar '58 (2 dr wagon!) says the only difference is in the mounting,
which should not affect the kits, and at $17 apiece I think the clerk
might have been looking at the whole wheel cylinder??

Oh, and the gas tank is badly rusted, don't suppose anyone on the list
know of a '58 wagon tank in better shape than mine?  and maybe some floor
pan metal to weld some patches in on the passenger side . . .

'other than that, it's cherry!!!!'

TIA,

-bob in 95682

and a good source for some carpets, and repro seat covers?