Re: [FWDLK] Hesitation is depressing!!

Thanx, y'all; but the accelerator pump, to the best of my "knowledge" is
working  fine. There is NO hesitation (read: falling-on-its face!) upon
initial start-up; I know, H.already HAD that problem (NO fun) a couple
years ago. After replacing/adjusting the V.A. , the final-solution
(& others of you may benefit from this) was to 'straighten-out' ,
slightly, the V.A. actuating-rod (or whatever its called), where it
connects to the V.A.'s external-pivot, in order to take-up  some slight
'slack' (lost-motion) in that connection. The lost-actuation-motion was
responsible for a slight fall-off of initial start-up response. Now, the
car accelerates smoothly, from a stop.

Just-kinda-recently, it appears that there is a different 'problem',
associated with a momentary-hesitation, during a part-throttle
application, once the car is moving along nicely.

Just recently, I was in (on?) the my 'library' , reading a (Way-)back
issue of High Performance MoPar (5/94---I'm behind on my reading), which
featured  the article: "25 Cheap & Easy Power Tips" . Tip #2 was/is: "
Adjusting Vacuum Advance [if this bores you; delete NOW] :

"Although many folks may not know it, most factory Chrysler V.A. units
are adjustable.  If your engine has problems with detonation, surges or
part-throttle hesitation [ahem], you may need to check and/or adjust
your V.A. .

After the basic timing has been set for total mechanical advance, and
with a timing light connected and the iddle set to 2,600 RPM, we are
ready to check the V. A unit.  [It then discusses checking the engine's
timing, so as to have sufficient-vacuum at around 2,600 RPM].

"If vacuum is sufficient, you will have to adjust the unit.  This is
done by inserting a 3/32" allen wrench into the vacuum port on the V.A.
.

You will be able to feel the wrench as it plugs into the internal allen
adjustment screw, but be careful; you could easily damage the rubber
diaphraghm inside the cannister.  With the allen wrench plugged into the
adjusting screw, twist it 1/2 turn clockwise, to increase (or
vice-versa) the amount of advance.  Adjusting 2 or 3 degrees at a time
until the audible (during test drive) detonation is gone, or until you
achieve no more than 52 degrees total advance, is the best way to dial
in yorur V.A. .

For more info, see Mopar engine book #P5249010.

So, that's what the "tip" said; I don't suppose any of you may have that
"Engine Book"?

Nobody else have a car suffering from part-throttle hesitation?

btw, that "V.A. actuating rod", I mentioned, above,  is made out of VERY
tough steel; it DON'T  want-to bend!!!

Neil