From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of eastern sierra Adj Services
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 7:43 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Steering Box Rebuild

I "second" Bill K's comment, Re: buying a wrecking yard steering gear
assembly, & having IT  be overhauled, so that "your" assy is not lost,
or defectively worked-upon.

That said (it's a small MoPar world), I had TERRIBLE experience with
David Curtis, a couple years ago, where Dave was to have O/H'ed my car's
trannie.

I forget, right now, what he did wrong, but he would not refund my
money. S'funny, but I 'just' came across my payment check to him, as I
kept it as a memento, to that experience,in my office.
If anyone wants to discuss Mr Curtis further, please PM me.

My recommendation is to use Lares Corp or U.S. Gear Co.  (My Lares O/H
continues to provide perfect service; no regrets, other than their price
(around $600.00).

And, I continue to maintain my car's OEM power steering gear-assy, if
anyone wants to buy it, & have IT be O/H'ed, & then be  installed in
'your' car. My price: $200.00; the Wrecking-Yard price, from Moore's, of
SD: $250.00 (I had Moore's piece be directly shipped to Lares, so I
never saw its condition, but I BET it wasn't "pretty"!!)

Neil Vedder